Oceans of Osyrus
ICCULIS

Trey Anastasio (born Ernest Joseph Anastasio III on September 30, 1964)

I think that's just the release date for the song. I'm intrigued though. I'm in the minority of folks who thinks that all of his solo stuff has been amazing in one way or another.

I was going to start a thread yesterday about how good his first solo album was in retrospect. Synchronicity, ftw!

you and me both - that 1st Trey solo disc still gets a lot of play. a most excellent album ~ !

trey_anastasio-trey_anastasio.jpg

Yeah, what is the deal with the title of this thread?

good effin' question SwB! allow me to explain...

So I was starting this thread yesterday and when I typed in Trey to the thread title, that pre-populated. No clue but at some point in time (on the old OOO I assume) I must have typed that out? I think it stems from a bunch of Trey threads that I merged at one point in time. for what ever reason, I must have gotten pretty detailed w/ the naming all those merged threads :cowboy: so when it showed up yesterday, I just went w/ it.......

:blues:

I like the title of this thread and think we should keep it. However, I do agree that this thread's title is a major issue concerning Americans today.

I listened to the sample on amazon. I'm interested.

I think you guys are forgetting about One Man's Trash... Trey's actual first solo album. The self titled album with all the horns and smarmy gooves and great songs is pretty wonderful, though.

I agree. This is absolutely my favorite output from Trey. One Man's Trash is one of my favorite late-night albums ever.

Also Surrender to The Air and maybe Oysterhead was before that one. I remember picking up Surrender To The Air the day it was released and listening to the first track with the drum brush solo thinking this was going to be sick. Then it turned out not to be what I expected. This was around the same time I caught the '96 USAir Free. Those two events really shaped my perception of how to interpret sound into music. This was also around when Billy Breathes came out, which was the polar opposite of Surrender. The diversity of Trey's music is amazing.

Surrender to the Air is a giant pile of horseshit (up there with MMW's 'Farmer's Reserve' as some of the biggest collection of nonsense put on disk).

Looking forward to the new one. I've posted about this before on here, I'm curious what type of tour he'll do to in support of the new album. From what I've heard, the album has different musicians playing on every track. It's not a TAB album, although some members of tab are on a few songs.

I agree. This is absolutely my favorite output from Trey. One Man's Trash is one of my favorite late-night albums ever.

Quantegy...

...immaterial...

...to replace...

...material.

I love One Man's Trash though I am missing my copy.

Portland, ME '99 had a "The Way I Feel" bass jam at the end of YEM, before the Tweezer vocal jam. Maybe other YEMs from the time also had this but I noticed it at this show.

The one and only time I met Trey was during a record signing for the first solo record at Tower Records off Newbury St. in Boston. He made fun of me for wearing a Bruins hat.

I was there! Holy shit, that was a long line!

I was there! Holy shit, that was a long line!

Hell yes it was. Stretched several blocks down Boylston from what I recall. Fortunately I worked right by there and got there early. I still haven't forgiven him for ripping on my hat, that sonofa.....

Ok, I'm over it. :D