Oceans of Osyrus

4 hours ago, lawtoned said:

I feel the same. I think it also fits better with Mike’s huge sound live. 

I’m glad to hear that!!

I will try checking some aids for comparison.  I did think his tone at the recent TAB show I saw was prettty sweet.

Not sure if anyone is heading to the Gorge but just heard 90 is closed just west of the river from the venue both ways with super slow detours. Wild fire. Reroute may be warranted or fuckit and slog. Heads up either way!

This post has been deemed pointless by the Society of Everyone Has Technology In Their Pockets That Would Have Told Them This, You Idiot.

Sorry.

20 hours ago, madcap said:

i tuned in during 2001- swear i heard a lil GD riff (shakedown?) in there? 

I didnt hear that but will relisten shortly. 

Mike laid down a pretty distinct Iron Man tease in the closing seconds of LxL. I can’t be the only one to hear that....

20 hours ago, Seventy4Eyes said:

Ser, though.  Last year's Dicks Slave (eh-hem) Trey was teasing something just about the whole time.  I can't put my finger on it.  Halp?

No Alarms and No Surprises?  That's all I got.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:13 PM, Seventy4Eyes said:

Is that MonoNeon?

Ser, though.  Last year's Dicks Slave (eh-hem) Trey was teasing something just about the whole time.  I can't put my finger on it.  Halp?

I don't hear anything that sounds unlike Trey's normal bag of tricks for Slave in the 3.0 era. 

Honestly, Slave in the 3.0 era always seems so odd to me. The tone is just not conducive at all to the build. Trey always just sounds so thin whereas the fatter tone fills the space is such a better way imo.

5 hours ago, Sagan said:

I don't hear anything that sounds unlike Trey's normal bag of tricks for Slave in the 3.0 era. 

Honestly, Slave in the 3.0 era always seems so odd to me. The tone is just not conducive at all to the build. Trey always just sounds so thin whereas the fatter tone fills the space is such a better way imo.

ive been saying this about troy's playing since 12/31/2002. his 1.0 tone is still the greatest, most warming, encompassing tone ive ever heard from any guitar player, ever. its what made those days so special. 

14 minutes ago, madcap said:

ive been saying this about troy's playing since 12/31/2002. his 1.0 tone is still the greatest, most warming, encompassing tone ive ever heard from any guitar player, ever. its what made those days so special. 

Some of it for me, is in his switching.  Now, I can hear it.  Back in the day, his tones blended seamlessly, he went from warm round clean to high gain and you didn't notice the change until well after it happened. CK's lights were the same, his fades and blends were far superior back then to the button pressing switching now.  

Analog days.  They are gone, and while Trey (and CK) has way more in his arsenal now, it doesn't have that same wow factor.  Less is more?  Or maybe when you have limits to what you work with, creativity kicks in more.  (Original Trilogy vs. Prequels).  

Damn progress (0).  

15 hours ago, madcap said:

the gorge’s festival vibe is special.

It's always so great.  Such a beautiful setting.  It's killin' me that I'm not there!

The story that I’ve been able to piece together between FB and Twitter is that during night two, there were several attacks on people of color, specifically. Rocks were thrown at them and at least one person was smashed in the face with a large rock. Three people were hospitalized, including one victim who suffered brain damage and possibly a broken spine. Today, neo nazis were arrested for selling nitrous on shakedown. Again, none of this has been reported by police or the venue authorities; it’s been reported by fans on social media.

😞