Oceans of Osyrus
Jeff Goldberg

4/8/90 & 4/8/92 Released!

Anyone interested in these shows should definitely check out the podcast. I really enjoyed all the technical stuff, but for those who might not, at least fast forward to about the 50min mark to listen to the before and after comparisons. It's pretty amazing. Thanks again @Jeff Goldberg for all the work. Loving this 1990 show.

Thanks again Jeff. Heard the podcast last night. Really cool. I wish it were easier to get access to older low gen tapes. I just got a Tascam 302 and plan to convert (reconvert) my old analog master tapes. No Phish unfortunately. I got rid of a lot of my Phish tape collection but I bet I still have some analog tapes that are bette than what circulate. A couple of my mid 80’s tapes sounded great from my recollections. It’s so weird how the digital trading and downloading / streaming changed tape trading. It used to be so hard to source low gen and rare tapes. Then at some point everybody had everything. The caveat being it was all the same source. Whatever happened to get transferred to DAT or CDR or whatever. Obviously there are better sources out there for some of the old analog recordings. I wish we could get Del’s tapes. I’m interested to see what else you have coming down the line. I have a lot of RX experience myself. Anyway. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, cleantone said:

Thanks again Jeff. Heard the podcast last night. Really cool. I wish it were easier to get access to older low gen tapes. I just got a Tascam 302 and plan to convert (reconvert) my old analog master tapes. No Phish unfortunately. I got rid of a lot of my Phish tape collection but I bet I still have some analog tapes that are bette than what circulate. A couple of my mid 80’s tapes sounded great from my recollections. It’s so weird how the digital trading and downloading / streaming changed tape trading. It used to be so hard to source low gen and rare tapes. Then at some point everybody had everything. The caveat being it was all the same source. Whatever happened to get transferred to DAT or CDR or whatever. Obviously there are better sources out there for some of the old analog recordings. I wish we could get Del’s tapes. I’m interested to see what else you have coming down the line. I have a lot of RX experience myself. Anyway. Thanks again!

Thanks, Clinton! I'm working on more uncirculated stuff right now, so there's more to come. :sneaky2:

And yeah, iZotope makes some really kick-ass software. I have their whole Music Production Suite and the RX Post Production Suite, Ozone 8, Neutron 2... RX 6 is some of the most amazing restoration software I've ever used. It continually amazes me. They're located a few miles from where I live, I've many times considered dropping by there.