Oceans of Osyrus
Sign in to follow this  
Dustin

Curveball Festival, Watkins Glen, NY

7 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Osyrusfest 2018?

$1000 is a lot of dough, though.

That's only for the premium/close camping.

Normal price is $250+fees for the weekend + per-vehicle camping passes for non-RVs:

$60.00 + FEES (THURSDAY ARRIVAL) / $80.00 + FEES (WEDNESDAY ARRIVAL) 

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Just tell her you have an important work conference to travel to.

@The Illustrious Seth want a low paying temp job on the NASA project studying algal blooms in lakes? It technically covers NY State so Seneca counts. You'd be paid 15$ an hour and have to pretend to be an undergrad, but it would technically be work.

:lol:

HA, thanks for the offer Sagan but that would be the sort of lie to crater our marriage.  No, no.  Honesty and begging is the best policy here.  I plan on playing up my 40th birthday angle to make it happen. 

Glen Close sure sounds swanky but I'm a cheap bastard so I'll likely be camping with the masses.

31 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Osyrusfest 2018?

$1000 is a lot of dough, though.

Glen Close is terribly expensive. That’s more than double Magnaball’s price. Osyrusfest 2018.....is the greatest thing you’ve ever said.

19 minutes ago, Sagan said:

My wedding is Labor Day. This could be the ultimate time to have a bachelor party Phish festival w some of my closest friends. Could be super epic. Also could be a spectacular failure of reason and early grounds for divorce. Thoughts?

You’d be stupid not to do it. 

1 hour ago, justjoe said:

so what does curveball mean?

I'm hoping it means they're gonna throw a curveball and have Journey come out and play the first set (with Steve Perry back in the band). No warning, just completely throwing the audience for a loop.

15 hours ago, wil-san said:

You can rent a "great tent" for only....929 dollars. You'd think maybe the cots could have some padding or something for that price.

Didn't you see the bed option, for a mere $2,345 ($1,172.50 per person)? :wacko::lol: 

It sounds like it will be another awesome Phish event, no doubt, but I admit I'm struggling to feel interested... too many fantasies of incredible places I've wanted to visit, where ~2.5--3K would make for an amazing vacation. I'd LOVE to go glamping somewhere but Watkins Glen, NY has not topped the list of fantasy locations quite yet. Also, I've now already spent hundreds of dollars for 3 nights of Phish including a weekend away directly before the fest. Gotta love a strategy that ensures they sell out their full tour first. Guess you could say I'm squarely on the fence but trending "no" :NerdSmiley::lol:  I'll go ahead and help myself over to the "Signs you're getting old" thread, or maybe the travel forum. :D

Can anyone tell me if there's anything awesome about the location I should be aware of as I form my final opinion?