Oceans of Osyrus
Sign in to follow this  
Seventy4Eyes

Phish Summer 2018 Tour

3 hours ago, Sagan said:

Burton based in Burlington - not that surprising!

I was just kidding about the endorsement, but that's interesting about Burton being a Burlington company. I didn't know that. Maybe they do have some sort of financial relationship with Burton. 

Image result for wayne's world garth reebok

7 hours ago, justjoe said:

so I got seats 1st night and pit 3rd night of Alpharetta .  shut out on 2nd night?!?!?!  wtf.  such a dick move, phish

Night 1 on the lawn. I'll see you in the pit Sunday!

Yeah, also got shut out for Saturday. Really Phish?! :dozingoff:

8 hours ago, justjoe said:

anyone tried to uber or lyft to/from a show recently?  is it as much of a hassle as i think it is?  this might be specific to the venue though

Not really a hassle. To is simple. From is slightly more difficult to coordinate, but doable. 

16 hours ago, McGregor said:

getting nothing is better than lawns.  They really shouldn't do that. It's such a kick in the nuts.

Yep. I haven't touched the lottery the last several years because I've been to too many shows to pay full price for a lawn. Not doin' it. And the hassle of unloading them I can do without.

anyone tried to uber or lyft to/from a show recently?  is it as much of a hassle as i think it is?  this might be specific to the venue though

Very venue dependent but if you can, ahead of time you can try to find landmarks a half-mile or so away from where you'll be walking in/out of the venue and have an uber drop you off and pick you up there.  

I did a couple of years ago to/from MPP. After one show, I was with @Greta and we found an Uber by some random exit near a strip mall. That’s when I discovered Uber’s policy of “surge pricing.” :whatever: Be careful after the show about how much they’re gonna charge you. 

4 minutes ago, Flusterphonic said:

if you can, ahead of time you can try to find landmarks a half-mile or so away from where you'll be walking in/out of the venue and have an uber drop you off and pick you up there.  

This is good advice.

Edited by teenagewasteland

I just got 3 day pass x2 sect 102 seats!

I actually had to Uber from Alpharetta last year after we missed the party bus we came in on, whoops! I remember the driver just magically showing up and whisking us 40 minutes away to the Waffle House downtown near my house. My cousin got the Uber, can't remember how much that was, yikes. 

I don't think I've gone to phish shows out of town and gone the first night, skipped the second and gone the third.

It's on the table now I guess. Gheesh.  I'd rather not go than sit on the lawn. :whatever:

20 hours ago, teenagewasteland said:

Got a pair of not so great pavs for Sunday MPP. Will enter the Great Ticketmaster Rodeo on Friday to get a pair for the Saturday show.

You let me know if you need to part with them.  I love some not so great MPP pavs. 

10 minutes ago, paulitical said:

Man, y'all hate some lawn. Rather not go?!

I don't get the great appeal of paying hundreds of dollars to stand a hundred yards away on a hill where you can't hear/see well.  Hard pass.

4 minutes ago, justjoe said:

i enjoy the lawn especially in smaller amphitheaters.  alpharetta is a pretty good lawn.  it gives a chance for bigger group hangs

Yes! I love Alpharetta's lawn. It still sounds great and you get the freedom of movement.