Oceans of Osyrus
Sign in to follow this  
Seventy4Eyes

Phish Summer 2018 Tour

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

One of the more underrated 2.0 shows is 7.30.03 at Camden.  A weird show, with lots of dark jamming.  I happened to be all the way up front for that one, closely watching Trey.  He was really into it that night.    

Also, Lonesome Cowboy Bill and FEFY. Great list. Dark as hell, though, as was the following night. 

I went to the next night, before heading up to IT. The Moma Dance from the 7/31 show is dynamite. I remember feeling like the song should be ending and they had just finished the intro. I also caught the Camden show the night before Coventry. And holy shit, the venue itself felt like a war zone. It was so oversold, crowded, sketchy, and HOT. It left such an impression on me that I have virtually zero interest in returning. 

Edit: 7/31/03 Moma

Edited by teenagewasteland

8 hours ago, cappy said:

"Excuse me, sir.  I seem to have taken a wrong turn.  Do you perchance know how I can best return to Delaware?"

Guy on street: See where it say rib tips?

Clark: Rib tips.

Guy on street: But fuck that, you don't wanna go that way.

Rusty: I wonder if these guys know the Commodores. 

2 hours ago, teenagewasteland said:

I went to the next night, before heading up to IT. The Moma Dance from the 7/31 show is dynamite. I remember feeling like the song should be ending and they had just finished the intro. I also caught the Camden show the night before Coventry. And holy shit, the venue itself felt like a war zone. It was so oversold, crowded, sketchy, and HOT. It left such an impression on me that I have virtually zero interest in returning. 

Edit: 7/31/03 Moma

That Moma is killer indeed.  There’s a really long Hood in that 03 Camden run as I recall.  The Scents and Subtle Sounds is good as well, but that song is sort of the MVP of summer 03 in my opinion.

18 hours ago, teenagewasteland said:

Yes! that's the night I mentioned above, right before Coventry. Definitely super sketchy. I remember thinking, "Wow so this is Jersey eh?" :lookaround:  Pretty sure that's the first time I saw people on H at a show. Gross, disturbing, etc..

Edited by Greta

Being from Philly, since that venue was built I always hated it.  It is a summer shed built to have indoor winter shows. So the under-the-hood space is totally enclosed. You cannot catch any air inside whatsoever.  The parking lot is atrocious with its stacked garage. Way too many times just sitting and waiting post-show to get the f out of there so after a few times I caught on to taking ferry from Philly across the river to the venue.  Parking $ in Philly + Ferry $. Adds up fast.   The security are just jerks. Beer lines always feel long. And the crowd often is sketch.   Yes, very much seems oversold.  Had lawn seats to Phish in 2000 and remember barely finding a patch to rest on; everyone felt on top of me. And another night had shitty seats under the roof and spent much of the night fending off folks hopping down from lawn to join me.

That whole venue just sucks.  I have passed on tons of shows because I just have little to desire to go to that venue.

Why not play the Mann for 3 nights?

Edited by sambieni

On 1/24/2018 at 8:46 PM, M Thorne said:

That Moma is killer indeed.  There’s a really long Hood in that 03 Camden run as I recall.  The Scents and Subtle Sounds is good as well, but that song is sort of the MVP of summer 03 in my opinion.

Yeah, the long Hood. If I remember correctly, there was some Phish analyst that started reviewing shows around the time who claimed that this Hood was the best piece of music the band had ever performed. I want to say it's one of the dudes who wrote a book. As soon as I heard that, I thought "what a fucking idiot".

12 hours ago, Sagan said:

Yeah, the long Hood. If I remember correctly, there was some Phish analyst that started reviewing shows around the time who claimed that this Hood was the best piece of music the band had ever performed. I want to say it's one of the dudes who wrote a book. As soon as I heard that, I thought "what a fucking idiot".

The dude from Mr. Miner's Phish Thoughts?

We actually listened to the long Hood from Charlotte 03 last night.  I remembered it as being kinda clunky, but it’s actually got some really great parts to it.

27 minutes ago, M Thorne said:

We actually listened to the long Hood from Charlotte 03 last night.  I remembered it as being kinda clunky, but it’s actually got some really great parts to it.

I need to listen to that again. I only remember Drowned from that show.  :lookaround: