Oceans of Osyrus
dances_with_wooks

Baker's Dozen

I thought for sure that rumor was bunk. This is actually crazy. Overkill. So does this mean they don't want to tour? It's a huge savings for them to park in a venue and play 13 nights. I hate to sound cynical but this is probably a way to maximize profit and minimize effort. So weird.

Edited by cleantone

-downside to the announcement is that if also says the band will not be touring this fall.

Kind of an odd time to say that, as I assume there will be at least some other summer dates.

Edited by Dustin

4 minutes ago, cleantone said:

I thought for sure that rumor was bunk. This is actually crazy. Overkill. So does this mean they don't want to tour? It's a huge savings for them to park in a venue and play 13 nights. I hate to sound cynical but this is probably a way to maximize profit and minimize effort. So weird.

You're right on all fronts.   In addition also less wear and tear without being out on the road; easier for the band, families, crew etc.  

It's what the Dead did towards end, 6 night runs at boston garden, similar MSG and Philly etc.  Less venues, more longer night runs.

I think the Dead played 52 shows at MSG....Phish will have surpassed that number after this run...correct?

Be interested to see how many they can sell out.

I like that they're doing this. Theoretically, it makes it easy for their east coast fans to see them. Folks from elsewhere will be able to custy it up and make a vacation out of it as well. My bet is that they take a week off & then do a short midwest run & end the summer at Dick's. Midwest/Dick's will be announced after Baker's Doz. on sale.

Edited by Navin R. Johnson

I'd like to see the middle to back half of that run, once they are warm. That's the way to do it. 

I'd imagine all the August dates are going to be the hottest. Also the 14 year anniversary of It. 

I know I've said it in the rumor thread, but I'm thrilled. A big paycheck at the end of June, no work in July or August, and a 40-minute train ride directly to the venue? Works for me.

Also as mentioned in the other thread, if you might want to crash here, PM me.

I think this is pretty awesome and well-deserved for them.  What an amazing time it will be!  Circumstances will likely not make it possible for me, but for those that can make it, live it UP!!!

With more signs placing me on the West Coast by July, maybe you Phish guys want to do a New Year's run out there???

Edited by Carl Zanzibar

2 minutes ago, wil-san said:

80 face? Titty christ. 

That's only for floor tickets. Still expensive though. 

General Admission Floor - $80.00
Reserved Seating - $75.00
Reserved Seating - $65.00