Oceans of Osyrus
Sign in to follow this  
Spaced Cowbow

Phish videos

Twist from 11/1/13 for your Thursday enjoyment:

Regarding the interview Cleantone posted - interesting that the songs from Story of the Ghost and Farmhouse were all written at the same time.

And the Heavy Things story.  "All songs are about Fishman in the end". :lol:

Wow..so for the Dark Side of the Moon Show, they decided that night right before the show to play it, so they had someone go get the record and learned the whole thing during set break.

Edited by Dustin

I started working on another project. I tracked down a retail production tape of 4/29/90 Woodbury, CT. It was shot with two cameras that varied greatly in chroma, gamma, and white balance. I painstakingly recut the whole 90min and color corrected the footage. It's not perfect but it's better. The audio is a mono soundboard feed that was recorded fairly hot. I couldn't "undistort" it but did what I could to clean it up. Anyway I may call it completed soon. This was a work in progress sample video I made. 

I had a copy of that show in college.  my favorite part is when a ball or balloon is floating around and this guy is just waiting for it to come close enough to get to hit it and when it finally gets within his range he whacks it right into someone elses head :lol:

Thanks for doing the vids Clinton.  In viewing those I came across a whole bunch of oldies I didn't know were out there.  Some really psychedelic type taping going on during things like the 3/21/92 Bowie.  I think its the 34 min mark where that nutty solo starts.  

I posted another VHS redux. Recently a new tape popped up. Someone had shot almost two hours of 12/30/98 MSG on hi8. They copied that tape to VHS and lost the original master hi8 tape. Some songs are snippets, some almost complete but a few good full length songs too. I was given the VHS and made a new transfer upscaling to 1440x1080. I compared ten or so audio sources and chose on the sync up. Did a little bit of mastering on the recording as well. My rig has been in storage and my new home studio still haven’t started being built. So I didn’t go too crazy with it. Anyway it’s done and I posted it yesterday. 

New video posted on YT from The Gorge, 7.17.98, Set II.

Phish - July 17, 1998 - Gorge N2 - Set II - [Upgrade From Master + HQ Taper Audio] 00:00 2001 23:48 Mikes Song 42:24 Weekapaug Groove (Trey's Dance: 53:11) 55:50 Character Zero -- 1:07:12 Punch You in the Eye 1:15:53 Rocky Top

15 hours ago, madcap said:

that 2001- mike’s-> weekapaug is as good as anything from ‘98. 

Definitely one of my favourite second sets that I've seen at the Gorge.  Great improv throughout.