• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Damon

Damon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 964 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

There is a new mobile app out for iPhones and iPads. It's not free, 1.99, and right now the verdict is out on if it's an improvement. It is spectacularly buggy for me, crashes at times, and images sometimes don't load (or make the screen jump around). It is totally different than the old one, and probably more functional, but needs some improvement.

At least that whole null thing is gone.
  • norpofegree, kaskBicaarcar, balobaway and 1 other like this

#2 knownrider

knownrider

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

For what it's worth, the mobile site is excellent. I just bookmarked that sucker and put a shortcut on one of my screens. It functions the same as an app without taking up that space on my phone.

(btw... i'm using android...)

Levon Helm: Near Memphis, cotton country, rice country, the most interesting thing is probably the music... That's kind of the middle of the country back there. So bluegrass or country music, you know, if it comes down to that area and if it mixes there with rhythm, and if it dances, then you've got a combination of all those different kinds of music. Country, bluegrass, blues music. Show music.
Martin Scorsese: And what's it called?
LH: Rock and roll.

#3 Damon

Damon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 964 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

The new mobile app is different than the mobile skin, just to clarify. The old mobile app looked basically just like the mobile skin, but the new app doesn't.

#4 Zander

Zander

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Also, the old mobile app seems to work, FWIW. You have to make adjustments to the URL in your settings and make sure your new account info is in place, but it works.

You get a message at the top saying that the old mobile app is outdated or something, and they provide a link to the app store for the new app, but I've been fine just ignoring that. I'm not sure how long that will last, or if it will last, but I don't think we all have to change immediately.

#5 knownrider

knownrider

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Is the mobile app available for android?

Levon Helm: Near Memphis, cotton country, rice country, the most interesting thing is probably the music... That's kind of the middle of the country back there. So bluegrass or country music, you know, if it comes down to that area and if it mixes there with rhythm, and if it dances, then you've got a combination of all those different kinds of music. Country, bluegrass, blues music. Show music.
Martin Scorsese: And what's it called?
LH: Rock and roll.

#6 Damon

Damon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Is the mobile app available for android?

No, not sure if they will ever make a droid version (they don't say on their site that one is in the works). Your stuck with using a browser and the mobile skin.

#7 ICCULIS

ICCULIS

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • 855 posts
  • LocationLynn, MA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

i don't mind the mobile skin on the iphone at all - I find it easy to use.

what would this app give me that the mobile skin doesn't? What is the app called??
Posted Image ...music's what I need to keep my sanity... Posted Image

#8 paulitical

paulitical

Sith Lord

• Donating Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts
  • LocationTallahassee, FL

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Does anyone else have problems with the cursor jumping around while trying to type using the mobile site? It happens to me all the time. Mid sentence the cursor just resets itself somewhere else in the post.

Any word on an Android app? I'm using a Droid razr w/ chrome mobile browser.
Posted Image

#9 paulitical

paulitical

Sith Lord

• Donating Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Bump.
Posted Image

#10 Zander

Zander

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Mobile App sucks. Just go with Safari or Chrome. Sorry.

#11 paulitical

paulitical

Sith Lord

• Donating Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well See what i mean)I have thissue ?at really annoying problem w my web browser.

Anyone else have that

(
Posted Image

#12 Damon

Damon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

I've never used the mobile skin on a Droid, or heard of the cursor problem before (does it happen if you switch out of the mobile skin? I'm pretty sure you can at the bottom of the page.).

And Zander is right, their mobile app is horrible, it crashes on me half the time, has limited function, and doesn't work as well as simply browsing the site on a mobile browser. So I wouldn't hold out for a Droid app, and if they do release one, expect suckage.

edit: just tried the forums on a samsung galaxy III s, no cursor jump.

#13 sunwasbleu

sunwasbleu

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Is anyone else's mobile app starting on the first unread post, then jumping up 4-5 posts? This is only in certain threads or seems. Perhaps only threads with pics? Although I think that would be most threads.

I believe this accompanied my upgrade to ios6. Would not do that again if I had it to do over. Ah well, I'm due for the 5 on 10/15 :)

#14 Zander

Zander

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Is anyone else's mobile app starting on the first unread post, then jumping up 4-5 posts? This is only in certain threads or seems. Perhaps only threads with pics? Although I think that would be most threads.

I believe this accompanied my upgrade to ios6. Would not do that again if I had it to do over. Ah well, I'm due for the 5 on 10/15 :)

I've experienced this both on the mobile app and on the actual site on my computer too. Not sure what the deal is, but it seems like a faulty timestamp or something like that.

#15 MoffTarkin

MoffTarkin

Head Trip Split Ridiculous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Make this guy a mod, please.
  • teenagewasteland and CushionConvector like this

#16 schlitzed

schlitzed

Pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

You are right, that groove between Split and Catapult from Cypress kicked ass and was cut off too early, but that should really be said in the Phish forum.

#17 CushionConvector

CushionConvector

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Is there still not a way to post pics from an iPhone?

#18 Zander

Zander

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

You have to use safari to open the page, and then type in the img tags manually.

Yeah, it's jank, but it's on ipb board, not osyrus.

Edited by Zander, 10 April 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#19 CushionConvector

CushionConvector

Sith Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yeah I knew it was the software not Damon and company. No disrespeck!!!

Thanks, Z.

Edited by CushionConvector, 10 April 2013 - 03:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users