Damon

Osyrus III: The Search for Osyrus II

198 posts in this topic

At least now when I hit "view new content", I'm getting less than 9 pages of results!

Thanks for saving this place! I have been pretty busy lately with moving, but I am stoked we are still around! I am the new phishepps. I chose that name for my AIM when I was 18 and it is time for a change. You can call me Carl for short, I'm cool with that. Or Thom. Or Uncle Touchy. Whichever you prefer.

You're freakin me out, man.

Carl Zanzibar likes this

I must confess, the hints of drama on facebook spurred me into investigation and action from a state of longstanding intertia and neglect. I had to investigate, and claim my name, which was, undoubtedly, in serious danger after months of neglect and forgoteness. Thanks, D, and I miss you people! I actually really do.

Also I've been hoping that doug less beers would one day become doug more beers, but maybe the world isn't ready just yet.

Well, doug more beers is my real-life name, so I want to keep a bit of privacy whilst here on the grids.

Alyssa, Nate and like this

and maybe I should take this to the "those that never change their avatar" thread, as I think this is the first time in 10 years I've been anything other than my guitar, feet and pedals.

1_3e035fd4_cHM6KzAwMDAwMDEyNmExNDNiZGE_96c96_ffffff00.jpg

I'll probably change back to that at some point, perhaps soonly.

funny-gifs-this-is-creepy.gif

OK, so here's what we do. We hijack a Klingon Bird of Prey, slingshot around the sun, travel back in time to the end of the 20th century, rescue a couple of humpback whales (giggity), slingshot around the sun again, and presto change-o, we're back to present time and the boards have been fixed.

Not that you ever had warnings, but all warnings that were in the system are gone. That's a good clean slate for everyone I think, we also have no ban's in place (nor am I rebanning old members that might come back). Everyone still needs to remember this is a moderated community, and no changes to the rules have been made. So yes, some are getting a second chance, but that also means they have much less rope if a problem does arise.

In all seriousness, I'm really glad to hear about this aspect, and I look forward to seeing some old familiar faces once again.

Tim 3.0. It's good to have this place back up and running. Thanks so much, Damon! I almost caved in and lurked somewhere else. It made me feel so dirty.

I can log in on my iPad, but not on my Mac. Y u no like Mac?

Try clearing your cache on Safari (or whatever browser your using). Not the history but the actual cache (cookies, etc.). It could be holding onto your old info or having some weirdness as a result. I tried your account on my end and was able to login fine on my Mac.

What happened to the Running Thread I created in the lifestyle forum a few days ago? Did it get moved somewhere?

I checked the log Casey and it wasn't moved or deleted by a moderator, but it doesn't exist either. I know you started that the thread the first day, I suppose DNS updating could have messed with it. There was one odd entry in the logs for deleted posts with () as the user (meaning null).

Where is the streaming archive? Can users still access and use it?

It's gone for now. The problem with the archive was size for the most part. Our new host has limited space (enough for board data), but I can't put extra data on it like the streaming archive (which was 100gb). I hope to find another host for the archive and get it back online, but I'm not sure when that will be, or what the size of it will be. I will also have to utilize the oceansofosyrus.net URL for it, as it can't reside on the .com anymore.

GoDaddy has some cheap hosting with good sized storage, that may be what I end up doing. The goal being have it online by mid-summer.